Counting down 10 big business moments from 2020: Business Extra
Hear the leading voices that made sense of an unprecedented year
This week, Business Extra looks back at the 10 biggest business moments from the UAE and beyond in 2020.
Co-host Kelsey Warner is joined by The National’s personal finance editor, Felicity Glover, to count them down.
In this episode
- Dr Rajesh Suri in February, delivering a message to residents from Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi as it prepared for the pandemic (1m 05s)
- Naim Yazbeck of Microsoft UAE on the fate of the 9 to 5 working day in the WFH revolution (4m 41s)
- Ian Ohan, founder and chief executive of restaurant operator Krush Brands, on the impact of the delivery economy on small businesses (6m 36s)
- Jennifer Scott, chairwoman of the Commons Project, describes a new, open market for data amid antitrust allegations against Big Tech (8m 37s)
- The National’s business editor Massoud Derhally puts the Beirut port blast into historical perspective days after the explosion (11m 58s)
- Muhammad Albakri of IATA on how the legacy of aviation will be critical to its recovery after a summer of emptier skies (14m 01s)
- The National’s assistant business editor Michael Fahy describes how BR Shetty got caught (14m 59s)
- Qamar Energy chief executive Robin Mills on whether 2020 marks the end of peak oil demand (16m 51s)
- Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation chief executive Mohamed Al Hammadi explains why the UAE became a producer of nuclear energy (18m 57s)
- Noor Sweid, partner at Global Ventures, predicts the sector most transformed by the pandemic – and why it’s the Middle East’s biggest investment opportunity (20m 39s)
Updated: December 23, 2020 09:56 PM