The top 20 beach clubs on Instagram – one of them is in Abu Dhabi, Bali leads the list
Bali's Potato Head tops the list, which also features Saadiyat Beach Club
If you’re dreaming of your next holiday in the sun, this list of the world’s most Instagrammed beach clubs might be a good place to find some inspiration.
Swimwear brand Pour Moi analysed hundreds of the world’s beach clubs on Instagram to compile a list of the top 20, ranked by the popularity of their hashtag.
Topping the list is Bali’s famous Potato Head Beach Club, which has been hashtagged 70,643 times. The Indonesian island’s most renowned seaside spot has all the ingredients needed for a perfect beach club break.
Think lofty cabanas, poolside sunloungers, a stunning infinity pool and swim-up bar all soaked in a Seminyak soundtrack. The beach club recently reopened to visitors after closing temporarily because of the pandemic, but it has implemented new Covid-19 safety measures, including reduced capacity, temperature scanning and complimentary face masks made from upcycled off-cuts of fabric used in Potato Head's creative village.
The Indonesian island takes five of the top 20 spots on the list, making it a good destination if you want a holiday where you can take your pick of stylish shoreline spots.
Scroll through the gallery above to see pictures of all of the top 20 beach clubs.
Saadiyat Beach Club ranked 14th
A little closer to home, Abu Dhabi’s Saadiyat Beach Club ranked 14th on the list. With stunning views over Saadiyat Island, it is the only beach club in the Middle East to be featured in the top 20 list, with 18,273 hashtag mentione.
The full ranking covers nine countries across four continents, with European beach clubs making up more than half of the top 20. The country with the highest number of beautiful beach clubs is Spain, with six places from both the mainland and the Balearic Islands making the cut.
At Potato Head, think lofty cabanas, poolside sun loungers, infinity pool and swim-up bar all soaked in a Seminyak sun-drenched soundtrack
When it comes to the most expensive beach clubs, one of the priciest contenders is Nammos in Greece’s Mykonos (of which there is an outpost in Dubai). The stylish set-up is modelled on life aboard a luxury yacht and the club is a favourite of celebrities – Mariah Carey and Leonardo DiCaprio have both been pictured sunning themselves there. It's ranked 16th on the list, with 16,641 hashtags.
For anyone planning travel on a smaller budget, Ibiza’s Sunset Ashram ranks at number 13 with 19,950 Instagram hashtags. This chilled-out spot has a fantastic Mediterranean menu, with main courses starting from only Dh85 and being served up with spectacular views of the Ibizan sunset.
World's most Instagrammed beach clubs
If you’re coveting stylish poolside days, here’s the full list of the top 20 beach clubs making waves on Instagram …
1. Potato Head Beach Club, Seminyak, Bali – 70,643 hashtags
2. Phi Beach, Sardinia, Italy – 66,624 hashtags
3. Blue Marlin, Ibiza, Spain – 65,593 hashtags
4. Le Club 55, St Tropez, France – 42,348 hashtags
5. Scorpios, Mykonos, Greece – 37,149 hashtags
6. La Brisa, Canggu, Bali – 35,171 hashtags
7. Ocean Club Marbella, Marbella, Spain – 28,108 hashtags
8. Sundays Beach Club, Uluwatu, Bali – 25,515 hashtags
9. Nikki Beach Marbella, Marbella, Spain – 24,143 hashtags
10. Ku De Ta, Seminyak, Bali – 23,639 hashtags
11. Noa Beach Club, Novalja, Croatia – 21,766 hashtags
12. Marina Beach Club, Valencia, Spain – 20,566 hashtags
13. Sunset Ashram, Ibiza, Spain – 19,950 hashtags
14. Saadiyat Beach Club, Abu Dhabi, UAE – 18,273 hashtags
15. Shimmy Beach Club, Cape Town, South Africa – 17,492 hashtags
16. Nammos, Mykonos, Greece – 16,641 hashtags
17. Single Fin, Uluwatu, Bali – 16,098 hashtags
18. Cotton Beach Club, Ibiza, Spain – 16,098 hashtags
19. Paloma Beach, Cap Ferrat, France – 14,192 hashtags
20. Classico Beach Club, Brazil – 13,813 hashtags
Updated: August 13, 2020 03:06 PM