Visit the exhibition Beautiful World. Zayed University student Narjes Noureddine (pictured) showcases calligraphy paintings created in response to the poem Beautiful World, written by Sheikh Zayed, Founding President of the UAE.
• Opens today, then runs daily until November 24, 9am to 4pm, Cranleigh Abu Dhabi Senior School, Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, register to visit at www.bit.ly/beautifulworldexhibition
The Laughter Factory returns to the capital for some mid-week fun. This month’s line-up of comedians includes straight-talking American Dave Fulton (pictured), observational Englishman Mick Ferry and slyly witty Brit Alistair Barrie.
• Tonight, 8pm, Dh140, ages 21+, Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi, 04 355 1862, www.platinumlist.net
Whether you are a beginner or a gourmet, learn to prepare authentic Italian dishes at La Mamma Italian restaurant. Register to attend a class taught by chef Pelusi and his team, who will guide you and answer questions along the way. Then savour your creation at the end of the class.
• November 26, 4pm to 5.30pm, from Dh149 per person, La Mamma, Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, Corniche, Abu Dhabi, 02 677 3333, Irene.Vilches@sheraton.com
Get tickets for tomorrow night’s Gala Concert as the UAE Ministry for Culture and Knowledge Development presents the 4th UAE International Chopin & Beethoven Competition for young pianists. The awards ceremony and winners concert will take place on November 17 and feature pianists from Germany, France and Poland, including Alexej Gorlatch (pictured).
• Tomorrow, 8pm to 11pm, free, National Theatre, off Airport Road, near Abu Dhabi Media, Abu Dhabi, www.goethe.de
See the 2012 French film Camille Redouble (Camille Rewinds) as part of the Cine Rendez-Vous series by Alliance Française Abu Dhabi. After Camille (Noemie Lvovsky) suffers a terrible shock in her personal life, she wakes up to discover that she has gone back in time to 1985 and is 16 again. In French with English subtitles.
• Tonight, 7.30pm, Mercure Abu Dhabi Centre Hotel, Hamdan Street, Abu Dhabi, 02 612 2900, www.afabudhabi.org
Watch Morgane Gauvin's one-woman, French-language show, Je joue, donc je suis (I play, therefore I am) at Alliance Française Dubai. As part of her act, Gauvin dances, sings and laughs about her expat life and wonders if she is the result of a globalised and rootless generation.
• Wednesdays until November 30, 8.30pm, Dh80, auditorium, Alliance Française Dubai, Oud Metha, Dubai, 04 335 8712, www.afdubai.org
American hard rockers Guns N' Roses return to the UAE – this time with original members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan – as part of their Not In This Lifetime... world tour. Hit songs include Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City. Get your tickets now.
• March 3, from Dh400, Autism Rocks Arena, Dubai Outlet Mall, Dubai, www.platinumlist.net
The exhibition Art4Health focuses on art as a form of holistic therapy that can assist in the healing process and bring a sense of balance to people suffering or recovering from an illness. Pictured: Blessed by Sharon White
• Daily until November 15, open all day, The Event Centre, Lobby Level, InterContinental, Dubai, 04 601 0101, www.artcoutureuae.com
Catch a screening of Trolls. After the Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy (voiced by Anna Kendrick), the optimistic leader of the Trolls, sets out to rescue her friends with the curmudgeonly Branch (Justin Timberlake). This takes them on an adventure far beyond their world. Animated adventure, also featuring the voices of Zooey Deschanel, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Christine Baranski, Russell Brand, Gwen Stefani, John Cleese, James Corden, Jeffrey Tambor, Ron Funches and Quvenzhané Wallis. (G)
• Screenings take place across the UAE, including Vox Cinemas, Novo Cinemas, Reel Cinemas, Cine Royal, Star Cinemas and Cinemacity
Try a snow hike at Ski Dubai with Gulf 4 Good. The training is ideal for trekking and high-altitude changes and lets you try out your gear – hiking boots, poles, parkas – while building up your mountain-walking muscles in cooler temperatures.
• Friday, 8am to 9pm, free with registration, ages 16+, Ski Dubai, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai, register at 04 368 0222, firstname.lastname@example.org