Edge CEO Faisal Al Bannai on building a 21st century defence company: Business Extra
Speaking from the Global Aerospace Summit, the executive shares his views on the future of autonomous tech and the shift to a digital-first battlefield
Faisal Al Bannai, chief executive and managing director of UAE defence conglomerate Edge, and the Secretary General of the Advanced Technology Research Council, joins host Kelsey Warner on the podcast this week.
Speaking during the Global Aerospace Summit, they discuss lessons learned for the defence industry from the pandemic, the UAE’s drone ambitions, if there is a red line on use of such capabilities and the historic Abraham Accord.
In this episode
- Global Aerospace Summit (0m 58s)
- Pandemic lessons (2m 25s)
- Edge and autonomous technology (6m 14s)
- The significance of the Abraham Accord (8m 48s)
- The intersection of defence and cyber security (9m 54s)
- Headlines (12m 48s)
- UAE's Edge eyes chips and drones for charting a post-Covid course
Updated: September 30, 2020 09:47 AM