Formula One circuit: what's the most popular race track in the world?
A new study has compared Instagram hashtags to see which track gets tagged the most
It's one of the most popular motorsports events on the planet and there are racing tracks in some of the most glamorous cities around the world, but which are the most popular Formula One circuits? Ahead of the start of the 2021 Formula One season, which kicks off in Bahrain on Sunday, a new study from Scrap Car Comparison has counted all the hashtags used on Instagram to determine the 10 most popular tracks.
From drone shots to stadium selfies, fans love to capture photos of race day and there are millions of posts on Instagram tagged to specific race tracks around the world.
For the study, all 74 Formula One circuits were analysed to see which had the highest number of hashtags. The names of the F1 circuits, as well as popular variations, were examined and compiled into a list to see which tracks were most often snapped.
Topping the list is Germany’s Nurburgring, which had over 850,000 posts tagged, followed by Belgium’s Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps with a little over 250,000 and West Kingsdown’s Brands Hatch with around 212,00 mentions.
Here are the 10 most popular Formula One race tracks on Instagram:
- Nurburgring, Nurburg, Germany
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot, Belgium
- Brands Hatch, West Kingsdown, UK
- Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka, Japan
- Hockenheimring, Hockenheim, Germany
- Fuji Speedway, Oyama, Japan
- Red Bull Ring, Spielberg bei Knittelfeld, Austria
- Hungaroring, Mogyorod, Hungary
- Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas, US
To see more results from the study, visit here.
Updated: March 30, 2021 12:06 PM