Business Extra: Lebanon's economy 'beyond the brink'
Uncertainty prevails amid a collapsed government and a tenuous hold on bailout funds
This week, Nassib Ghobril, head of economic research at Lebanon’s Byblos Bank, and Massoud Derhally, The National's business editor, join host Kelsey Warner to discuss Lebanon's precarious economic future.
- Beirut explosion to deepen Lebanon's economic contraction to 24%, IIF says
- Lebanon's Solidere stocks fluctuate as Beirut bourse resumes trading after explosion
- UN food chief: Beirut could run out of bread in under three weeks
In this episode
- Hassan Diab's resignation (0m 5s)
- Nassib Ghobril on Lebanon's economic status (1m 13s)
- Lebanon since the Civil War (4m 17s)
- IMF bailout (6m 39s)
- A new government and restoring trust (12m 31s)
- What to expect this year (16m 09s)
Updated: August 12, 2020 12:16 PM