Huda Kattan is known for sharing the best, and often quirkiest, beauty tips. But when she used shaving foam to remove her make-up in a recent tutorial, we weren't 100 per cent convinced.
So, after going to buy a bottle of Dh22 Nivea shaving foam, we put the beauty hack to the test.
See how it went in the video above.
Dubai resident, Kattan, has more than 6.8 million followers on Facebook, where she posted the video, and 35.1 million followers on Instagram.
Does it work?
The make-up certainly comes off. So if you ever find yourself in a pinch, having run out of make-up remover/face wipes/micellar water, shaving foam can could certainly serve as a stand in.
We put it to the test, using a fairly thick layer of foundation, with long-lasting lipstick and a generous application of mascara, and all of that came off. It isn't necessarily an even removal, and it didn't leave us feeling particularly clean, but we were 100 per cent lipstick-free and wearing considerably less make-up all over.
Off-camera, a more thorough wash was necessary after.
We were much more reluctant to use the heavily fragranced shaving foam on our eyes than Kattan was.
Check out the full Huda Beauty make-up removal regime here:
Kattan's make-up removal regime is certainly comprehensive.
She starts by removing her false eyelashes, then removes her make-up with shaving foam and a hand towel. She follows that by using a toner, then a skin softener, then applies a serum with a derma roller. She then uses a light mask, a firming cream, facial oil, eye cream, intense lifting serum on her neck, hair growth oil on her eyebrows and a lip balm. It is a 13-step process.
The full list of products she used:
- L'Oreal Men Expert foam shaving cream
- Hand towel
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- Tatcha The Essence Plumping Skin Softener
- Institut Esthederm Eve Serum
- Derma roller
- Dr Dennis Gross DRx SpectraLite FaceWare Pro
- SkinCeuticals Skin Firming Cream
- Ren Rose O12 Moisture Defense Oil
- Blue Lagoon Iceland Rejuvenating Eye Cream
- Lancer Skincare Lift Serum Intense
- Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil
- Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom skin and lip balm