Follow the latest updates on the Covid-19 pandemic here
The government said that, from August 5, all vaccinated individuals, as well as unvaccinated people in certain job categories, can seek permission to return.
The decision includes people who are in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Nigeria and Uganda.
But all passengers must get approval to return from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
The step-by-step process to get ICA clearance to board flights.
1. Fill in the applicant’s information, such as name, gender, e-mail, date and place of birth, expected date of arrival, arrival port and country of departure.
A QR code will be sent to the applicant’s e-mail.
2. The applicant must fill in his/her passport type and number, its issue and expiry date and the issuing country.
3. Fill in the complete address in the Emirates, with a local UAE mobile number.
4. All the details of the application’s vaccination are needed – the type received, the date of the first and the second dose. PCR test dates are also required.
Passengers can choose from a list of eight vaccines on the ICA website – SputnikV, Janssen (Johnson and Johnson), Moderna, Novavax, OxfordUni AstraZeneca, PfizerBioNTech, Sinopharm and Sinovac (CoronaVac).
5. The applicant must upload his/her passport photo, personal photo, and PCR test results copy. The Covid-19 vaccination card is optional.
6. Click on the declaration box, confirming that all information provided is correct, the documents are genuine and the applicant will comply with UAE laws.
7. Submit and wait for approval.