World Economic Forum opens summit on post-Covid 19 future: Business Extra
The Sustainable Development Impact Summit is convening leaders in the private sector, government and philanthropy to tackle global challenges exacerbated by Covid-19
Covid-19 has disrupted progress towards many goals, including the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Climate Agreement. According to the World Economic Forum, the need for new ideas and collective action “has rarely been more urgent”.
But how will action happen and who is leading the charge on the ‘Great Reset’ the forum’s founder, Klaus Schwab, is advocating for?
Terri Toyota, a director at the forum, joins co-hosts Mustafa Alrawi and Kelsey Warner to discuss the fourth Sustainable Development Impact (SDI) Summit, being held virtually for the first time, about how the agenda came together and what comes next.
In this episode
- The show must go on! (0m 40s)
- On the World Economic Forum going virtual (1m 46s)
- Green recovery (3m 26s)
- The reality of re-globalisation (5m 00s)
- Who gets a seat at the table? (7m 56s)
- Post-pandemic politics and the Impact Summit programme (10m 14s)
- The next US administration (12m 51s)
- Headlines (14m 05s)
- World Economic Forum rolls out new framework for green corporate reporting
- UN General Assembly kicks off in New York, without the assembly
Updated: September 22, 2020 06:59 PM