Demi Lovato will come to Dubai next February to perform as part of RedfestDXB, despite announcing she will take a break from the music industry.
The confirmation came from festival organisers after Lovato took to social media to announce her time off from the industry.
“So excited for 2017. Taking a break from music and the spotlight. I am not meant for this business and the media,” she posted to her 38 million Twitter followers over night.
The news comes in the middle of her world tour which saw her perform across North America from July to September and one international date at the Turkish city of Antalya on October 1.
Lovato is due to resume her world tour in Mexico on October 6 with five dates across South America and the Carribbean before ending her run in Dubai on February 3, where she is due to headline the final night of the two day RedfestDxb festival held at the Dubai Media City Ampitheatre on February 2-3.
None of her remaining concerts have been officially cancelled of yet.
RedfestDXB responded to The National's queries by releasing a statement and short video from Lovato confirming her scheduled appearance in Dubai.
She leads the bill alongside pop stars Tove Lo, Mike Posner and Alessia Cara.
A spokesperson said the video was produced before today’s announcement.
“Demi Lovato is performing at Virgin Radio RedFestDXB as part of an agreed stand-alone show, with her having recently completed her Future Now tour.” the statement said.
Lovato, who first made her name as a children's television star — having appeared in Walt Disney's Camp Rock in 2008.
With hits including Give Your Heart a Break and Heart Attack, the 24-year-old has been touring on the back of her latest release, last year's fifth album Confident featuring the current hit of the same name.