Transfer talk: January 8 - QPR axe Dyer, Juventus want Drogba

The National's guide to the latest transfer news, deals and offers from across world football, updated throughout the day.

English Premier League strugglers Queens Park Rangers have released Kieron Dyer - just three days after he scored his first goal for the club.

The 34-year-old struck his first goal in more than five years with the equaliser against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

But injuries have blighted his time at Loftus Road with Dyer making just eight appearances since joining in July 2011, and Harry Redknapp, the QPR manager, has activated a release clause in the player's contract with immediate effect.

"If he can stay clear of injuries there's clubs out there that will offer him the chance to play football," said Redknapp.

---

Serie A leaders

are looking to bolster their attacking options with a move to bring

Didier Drogba

back to Europe.

The Italian side have already made an approach for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente on a free transfer in the summer, but with

loanee Nicklas Bendtner sidelined through injury, the Italian champions are eager to bolster their immediate options.

Beppe Marotta, the Juventus director general, confirmed the Serie A club have enquired about the availability of Shanghai Shenhua striker, who joined from

last summer.

"Drogba? We are always making enquiries and we have made one for him," he told Domenica Sportiva:

"We have asked about his availability and after that we will look at the financial aspects and talk to the coach."

Juve boss Antonio Conte has publicly ruled out any approach for the former Chelsea striker, but player recruitment is overseen by Marotta.

---

Pro League title challengers Al Ahli have signed Portugal international Ricardo Quaresma on an 18-month deal.

The 29-year-old, who quit Turkish side Besiktas last month, replaces Achille Emana in the Red Knights squad. Get the full story here.

---

have insisted they will not be selling striker

Victor Anichebe

to

rivals

.

The Nigeria winger, who grew up in Liverpool and has played for Everton for a decade, had been linked with a move to the struggling Royals.

But David Moyes, the Everton manager, dismissed reports the 24-year-old would be leaving Goodison Park.

He said: "Anichebe to Reading? No, no truth in that. We won't be selling anyone, if I have my way that's for sure."

---

Rami Gershon

will join Celtic at their Marbella training camp after agreeing a six-month loan deal.

The Standard Liege defender flew into Glasgow for talks with Celtic on Friday and agent Dudu Dahan today claimed his transfer had been agreed subject to work permit issues.

Dahan posted a picture of his client signing a contract at Celtic Park on his Scoutpush company's Facebook page and it appears only a visa is needed to conclude the transfer.

Dahan said a six-month loan deal had been agreed with the further option of a three-year contract.

The agent added that Gershon would travel to Belgium to sort his work papers and would then join Celtic in Spain, where they will travel later this week.

The 24-year-old Israel defender spent much of last year on loan to Liege's Belgian top-tier rivals Kortrijk.

---

Veteran Brazilian midfielder

Paulo Assuncao

has returned to Spain after signing for struggling

.

The 32-year-old, who won the Europa League title with Atletico Madrid last year, had moved to Sao Paulo last summer but has returned to La Liga to join up with Deportivo.

He is the club's second signing this transfer window, following the capture Silvio Manuel Azevedo on loan from

.

---

Massimo Moratti admits

will look to strengthen during the current transfer window after the Nerazzurri president witnessed a resounding defeat at Udinese.

The side have already signed veteran striker

Tommaso Rocchi

for an undisclosed fee, while reports in Italy have linked the club with a move for Chievo goalkeeper

Stefano Sorrentino

.

Both Moratti and head coach Andrea Stramaccioni had previously urged caution over excessive spending in the transfer window, with the club eager to offload high earners including Wesley Sneijder before bringing in expensive talent.

But following a 3-0 defeat to Udinese at the weekend, Moratti held an emergency meeting at the club's head offices in which he conceded modest reinforcements would be targeted.

"I can confirm that it will essentially be like that, where the names being discussed are good players," he told the club's website.

"But it is also a window where - just like at other clubs - we certainly don't intend to spend too much.

"Listen, I think it's very important to weigh things up when we have everyone back fit because at the moment we're talking about new signings without considering that we might end up buying a player similar to one we already have.

"The most important thing is to get our players on the sidelines back fit. It's hard to assess things when we have 10 or 12 players missing through injury and suspension."

Follow us

EDITOR'S PICKS
NEWSLETTERS