The hot list: Fine finish
For proof that less isn’t always more, look to these lavish offerings.
1 Designer rugs
The Smoke rug from Calvin Klein’s Loom Select collection is made from 100 per cent New Zealand wool. The intricate hexagonal patterning and dense texture make for a fancy feature.
• Smoke rug, starting from Dh4,200, Interiors, Hamdan Street, Abu Dhabi, Umm Hurair Road, Dubai and Al Wahda Street, Sharjah
2 Precious serving
A polished stainless steel tray is adorned with hand-gilded, 24K gold bamboo lengths in this piece from L’Objet. Measuring 53cm by 42cm, the handcrafted Bambou Butler Tray is bound to impress your guests.
• Bambou Butler Tray, Dh2,460, Bloomingdale’s Home, The Dubai Mall
3 Fashion statement
Versace Home has launched the new Via Gesu collection, which takes its inspiration from the fashion house’s latest It-bag, the Palazzo. At the heart of the new Via Gesu collection are the Via Gesu sofa and armchair, which are characterised by a not-so-subtle V shape and topped with the brand’s trademark Medusa heads.
• Via Gesu armchair, price on request, Versace Home, The Dubai Mall
4 Grand designs
Also part of the new Via Gesu collection is a range of cushions featuring striking neoclassical imagery. We love the shimmery tones and grand designs on this cushion, which will add a touch of pomp to any space.
• Via Gesu cushion, price on request, Versace Home
5 Time to reflect
This bulky, multifaceted mirror from Flamant is guaranteed to make a statement, wherever you place it. However, you may be too busy admiring its sleek lines to pay much heed to your own reflection.
• Mirror, Dh3,000, Flamant, The Dubai Mall
Published: August 28, 2014 04:00 AM