The hot list: Factory fresh with these industrial-inspired elements
Introduce industrial-inspired elements for a stylish pared-back vibe.
1 Change of space
If you get bored easily, look for items that can be adjusted. This Space Frame light fixture by Marcel Wanders for Moooi features geometric metal shapes, and hangs on a hinge that allows for its position to be changed.
• Space Frame light fixture, price on request, Moooi at Superstudio, Al Quoz, Dubai
2 Riding high
For smaller decorative pieces, choose items that are conversation starters. This Cycle clock from United Furniture, for example, combines functionality with clever design, and is sure to catch everyone’s eye.
• Cycle clock, Dh345, United Furniture, Al Quoz, Dubai
3 Strong elements
This Alfred coffee table from Andrew Martin creates an edgy, modern vibe that will complement your more understated pieces.
• Alfred coffee table, Dh8,148, Andrew Martin, DIFC
4 Surreal holdings
Mixing in unconventional design elements is a great way to add visual interest to your interior. This surreal John vase by Atmosphere Furnishings gives the impression that it’s melting.
• John vase, Dh3,950, Atmosphere Furnishings, Al Wasl Road, Dubai
5 City lights
Subtle metallic touches are ideal for those who aren’t ready to fully embrace the industrial look. This charming Manhattan Tripod lamp from Artisanti will brighten up any space.
• Manhattan Tripod lamp, Dh2,938, www.artisanti.com
Published: March 22, 2016 04:00 AM